Community Guidelines: Rules, Etiquette, and Privacy
Community Guidelines: Rules, Etiquette, and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our Johnny’s Ambassadors Youth Marijuana Prevention community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
This platform is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of others, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. Questions should be directed to Laura@JohnnysAmbassadors.org.
In order to preserve an environment that encourages harmony of this support forum and a fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules or is disrespectful to another person and close threads if necessary.
Who Are Johnny’s Ambassadors?
- Johnny’s Ambassadors, Inc. is a 501c3 nonprofit founded by Laura Stack in May 2020 after her 19-year-old son, Johnny Stack, died by suicide after becoming psychotic from dabbing high-potency THC concentrates in their home state of Colorado. Our mission is to educate parents, teens, and communities about the dangers of today’s high-THC marijuana on adolescent brain development, mental illness, and suicide. We invite you to be one of Johnny’s Ambassadors and help us share critical education and promote our prevention efforts to help us save our youth from the harms of marijuana.
- Johnny’s Ambassadors does not hire lobbyists, advocate for the adoption or rejection of specific legislation, or urge our members to do so. The moderators will remove political remarks, including comments supporting or rejecting political candidates or incumbents. We do provide facts and education on how greater legalization can lead to greater accessibility of marijuana and youth use, which can lead to greater harms.
- This is a YOUTH MARIJUANA PREVENTION COMMUNITY ONLY for the private use of impacted family and community members who have been harmed by marijuana use to support each other. These forums are not for use by industry, consultants, media, researchers, or data scraping. If you wish to find proper ways to reach out to our community, please email Laura@JohnnysAmbassadors.org. All content is copyrighted and jointly owned by members and Johnny’s Ambassadors.
- We do not allow pro-marijuana members on this site. We believe there is NO safe level of THC in the developing brain for any use, and there is no scenario in which marijuana is guaranteed to be harmless for anyone. This site is for the purpose of preventing teen use, not supporting it. Please self-select yourself out and do not register, or you will be removed.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members. There’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. This forum is not provided for commercial marketing of your services. If you wish to advertise on our site, please contact Laura@JohnnysAmbassadors.org for an appropriate way to do so. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- You use this forum at your own risk. Johnny’s Ambassadors has no legal liability for anything posted here.
- Your use of this community site constitutes agreement with these policies.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of Johnny's Ambassadors, Inc. Johnny's Ambassadors, Inc. is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by Johnny's Ambassadors, Inc. or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Johnny's Ambassadors, Inc. be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Johnny's Ambassadors, Inc. and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Johnny's Ambassadors, Inc. does not instantly monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Johnny's Ambassadors, Inc., we will take all appropriate action. Please email Laura@JohnnysAmbassadors.org if you see such a comment.
Johnny's Ambassadors, Inc. reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address will not be sold or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site:
Our Service Providers. We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Our Partners and Sponsors. We may send out emails on behalf of paid advertisers or sponsors on this site; however, we will never provide your information to them directly, meaning we do not share our mailing lists. If you have indicated in your personal demographic information that you are willing to be an advocate, we will contact you privately for any media, legislative, or educational opportunities in your area.
Government and Legal Disclosures. We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember the Risks Whenever You Use the Internet. While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us, and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.